DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Relentless

I had a chat with The Wig this morning. The subject of my blog came up and I acknowledged my laxity. I knew bold action was necessary. The moment I hung up, I went for a swim.

I do not think people realize the effort that goes into posting links and making a few comments about them every couple weeks. Yes, it is minimal. I have been suffering a malaise of sorts, not much different from the one President Carter spoke of. With Letterman off the air, I'm not the same.

As I was composing this, I got a call from my wife. She was in an upbeat mood as she found the perfect chairs for our patio. The only problem was that she couldn't transport them. She had brought bungee cords with her, but gosh, she could just not secure them. So I had an unplanned trip to Home Depot. Earlier this morning, I did most of the prep for the dish she is making for our BBQ today. I'm glad she realizes I'm available 7x24 for her needs.

The big fun on Gull starts at 4pm today. I cleaned the grill and got some propane, so I'm ready for almost anything, except the onslaught of the FC posse. Have I ever mentioned that I spend entirely too much time with these people? At least I'll have this post up so #1 cannot bust my chops.

I read this article and realized it could have been written by me. I sent it along to my kids. I am a koala dad with a dad bod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home