DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Send Me Dead Flowers

My birthday is tomorrow. Do the right thing and send me FB salutations and expensive gifts. The next day is the Kentucky Derby so I'll be sitting back in my rose pink Cadillac making bets. I suppose you'll be in your basement room. Actually the next day is my wife's bday so send her FB salutations etc. We'll be in Monterey for the festivities. Gotta get the fun in while we can, because we are getting old.

4M alerted me to the article below about strippers appearing at funerals in rural China I find this trend reprehensible. I plan to make a specific request that this not take place at my memorial. Hookers, maybe; strippers, never.


I've been busy in the kitchen. I made a run of the mill pot roast but Sunday I cranked out one of Martha's recipes. I used the advised Valencia rice, which came in a cute little cloth sack. The dish was delish and will be added to my regular rotation


The Eagles signed Tebow and they immediately checked the GM for a concussion. Oh, I am going to miss Letterman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home