DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Who Are You Wearing?

We had some quality family time this past weekend in San Diego. We flew in Thursday night and met up with SB1. The girl didn't know he was coming so we surprised her when she picked us up at SAN. Saturday night was Senior Night for The Tritons so the three of us plus my mother-in-law walked her out to center court. I was concerned I was going to have to do a lot of hugging, but I was spared. We got some great pictures of the family, like a cute mom and daughter shot and one of me and SB1. He had a kick ass look on his face as we were holding the flowers.

They sure do play a lot of that rap music before the ballgames. SB1 said we could collaborate on some, with him doing the beats and me doing the lyrics. I could rail against the corporate life. The boy also told me he liked Kanye and Jay Z. If he was kidding, well, he got me. If not, he's no son of mine.

We went out for a nice Italian dinner Saturday night, If I recall correctly, the owner was trying to unload about a pound of buffalo mozzarella on me as an appetizer. Cooler heads prevailed and we had some good salumi. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we had a few bottles of Super Tuscan. I was pretty beat by the time we got home so I wanted to go straight to bed. My 85 year old mother-in-law busted my chops good for that the next morning.

Tomorrow the girl and her twin bro hit 22. Double deuce redux.

Did you watch the Oscars? I didn't but there seemed to be a lot of controversy. Travolta screwed up his chance to atone for the Adele Dazeem episode. Sean Penn stuck his foot in his mouth, Shonda Rimes was not happy with Gaga, and some didn't like Arquette's message. I could have done without NPH in his undies. Joan Rivers got left out of the In Memoriam segment, but she was a comic, not an actress, so I don't get the contretemps.

On the bright side, the selfless Lady Gaga gave the pot washer at one of the after parties the night off.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home