DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, April 05, 2015

Full Fat

Quote Of The Day

I don’t understand it when people act tough. If you act tough, it just means that you’ve been through a lot of horrible things, and now you’ve survived them and now you’re ready to attack anyone at any time, like a pitbull. I want a demeanor that says I’ve never been through anything at all. And I’m just a pug riding a decorative pillow.” Ron Funches

Well, he didn't say it today but I read it today.

Yes, people this is indeed my version of The Skimm. I'm going to run through Google's news page and hope not to flop.

The California drought headline referenced Joni Mitchell's Hissing Of Summer Lawns. I need to have a conversation with the wife about pulling ours out. We had a nice one installed, sprinkler system and all, about 15 years. I think its gotta go.

Pope's Easter message urges end to extremist violence

Amen Frank. I've had it with reading about the beheadings, shootings etc. The latest is that a Kenyan government official's son was one of the gunmen in the college attack. I've had it but I don't have an answer. Can we levy a tax on billionaires and throw money at the problem? It may not do the trick but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Wisconsin denied Kentucky their undefeated season. I picked KY to go all the way but it was a great game. Now I'd like to see WI take out Duke. That'll keep me and The Wolv happy. #1's Sonny Boy 2 won our Extended Village Yahoo pool and I came in dead last.

Christians in Holy Land, across world celebrate Easter

And I saw a 6 foot Easter Bunny holding his bunny head on East Hillsdale.

Exporting Philly: Cheesesteaks, ices and pretzels go worldwide

When I visited my cousins in Philly, I used to take a walk down Cottman Ave. to Jardel Park. There was always a truck parked out front selling soft pretzels. If memory serves, I'd buy five or six and eat them on the walk back. They'd sell Italian ices as well, which was a favorite. I hadn't had one for about 30 years when The Wig took me to a shop in Summit, NJ that sold them during one of our summer visits there.

Chris Wallace Attacks Kelly Clarkson's Weight

I thought the entertainment section would be in my wheelhouse but there really was nothing I could get too snarky about. Wallace, you're a dick. Leave her alone.

Augusta's greens play mind games at Masters

You can cut the tension with a knife

1 Comments:

  • At 4/08/2015 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Dukey boys got a couple of assists from the refs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home