DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, April 03, 2015

Same Ol' Same Ol'

I was invigorated by my morning swim so I thought I'd toss up a post. Then my job got in the way. I apologize for keeping you waiting. I know many have been anticipating my version of The Skimm, which I mentioned on my 2/14 post. Well, this ain't it, but I'll get there. My buddy The Wig came up with the title of Full Fat for it. Get it? If The Wig has so many damn good ideas, why doesn't he start his own blog.

So I stopped at the ATM afterwards, which put me in a bad mood. Some guy was there for what seemed like an eternity. If I knew he was going to try to take out a home equity line, I would have gone to another branch. He left his car idling in the handicapped spot, with his placard displayed. He didn't seem any more handicapped than me. I have one of those placards but I assiduously avoid using it. I see so many people I'd like to call bullshit on taking those spaces but I NEVER say anything because many people have them for legitimate reasons even though they seem to walk OK. I know this.

I became a dad 25 years ago yesterday. SB1 will be heading to American University's graduate School of Communication in the fall. I expect him to become the next Great Communicator. The girl was home last week for wisdom teeth extraction. That went very well except for the dent in my wallet caused by my rinky dink dental plan. Maybe I should sign up for ObamaCare, like Ted Cruz. And we should see SB2 tomorrow for a walk and Special Agent Oso marathon. I expect at some point he'll let me know he wants chips and milk, he wants them on the patio, and he wants them right the hell now. He doesn't need to go to grad school to communicate.

I'm looking forward to going to #1's for Easter dinner. I haven't seen my good bud for a while so we'll definitely be hugging it out. We borrowed their "Green Monster" Ford Expedition when the girl was home. It's good to have friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home