DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, February 14, 2015

As I Sit Weeping

Today is Valentine's Day. Where is my wife? She is in Palm Springs on a girl's weekend. I can't help but feel that if the situation were reversed, there would be recrimination. But then again, I would never leave her side on this, the second most sacred Hallmark holiday after Father's Day. I went to the club early for a tribathalon to try to shake this lugubrious fog, to no avail.

I spoke with The Wig yesterday. I mentioned the upcoming weekend and he did his best to comfort me. I gave him a call because Sonny Boy One is heading to Richmond today, apparently with four other rapscallions. He mentioned visiting The Wigs, so I facilitated that, even if he was only looking for a free meal.

Last night Sonny Boy Two and I went to SF State for a UCSD hoops game. The Execs joined us for a good court battle. The Tritons pulled away at the end. I also spent last Saturday night in Turlock. Yes, it was great. The girl and team went up against CSU Stanislaus. One of the opponents was a Valley Christian alum she faced off with during her high school career, That young women dropped in a few sweet threes in Stanislaus' losing effort while my kid put in some good minutes

In entertainment news, I watched the Grammys in a record five minutes. I caught a little of Sam Smith and Hozier with Annie Lennox. I may go back and check out ELO with Ed Sheeran. Kanye can piss off and the rest of it you can chuck.

For general news, my wife got me started on The Skimm. I think I might try writing my own version for a week. We'll see.


Regarding this blog, I got a boatload of hits from Time Warner in NYC last weekend. I accused the Phoenix Flyboy of reading my blog during a layover, but he was innocent. Somebody in NYC was using it as an insomnia cure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home