DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, February 02, 2015

Groundhog Day

I'm only writing this so I won't get fined.

OK, I'm writing it because #1 took me to task yesterday for not posting at yesterday's Super Bowl party. I've been sick for a week, thanks to my wife, and my readers need to understand that I'm fragile.

We had a great time at the TCG's abode yesterday. We had the square board and several other bets going. It was a five way split for MVP. I think this will be Tommy's last stand.

We all enjoyed the commercials as well as the game. There was one where the Today staff was walking around smiling and yukking it up. It was during this one that I discovered that Mrs. TCG is as big a fan of Matt Lauer as I am. And the Always ad caused #2 to spray about a five foot swatch in front of him with the water he was drinking. That one took us all aback a bit.

Also, lot of weird stuff, like that thing Katy Perry was riding and why they didn't run Lynch at the end.

I made my white chili and it got some good reviews. I'm sharing it here. Simple.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/White-Chili-51181220

Chris Christie has been pandering to the ant-vaccine voter. He apparently had to clarify his remarks. These clowns will say anything if they think it will get them votes. If it doesn't fly, they'll just "walk it back". I really don't get this shit. I'm a geezer and I got vaccinated as a kid.

My alma mater is the setting for a new movie called The Rewrite. My brother and I plan to go and see how places we recognize. The writer and director graduated the same year I did but he never met me.


I saw this product in CVS a while ago. I though it might come in handy but it turned out to be useless. I sprayed it all over myself but still had to pee a lot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home