DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Morning Person

By 7:45 this morning I was doing 12 grueling laps at the outdoor pool in temperatures below 50 degrees. What did you lightweights do? After that it was off to the post office to mail the Christmas letter to a broad cross-section of my readership. If you don't have one in your mailbox by the end of the week, you're off the list.

"How was your weekend DJ?" Thanks for asking. It was pretty good. TCG invited me over for a boy's night Friday but I decided to cocoon. TCG used his computer humor on me when I declined by writing the following:

IF (TIME>=8:00PM or (IF (DAY=FridayEvening))) THEN RUN_PROCEDURE(NO_DJ))

That guy is a hoot.

Yesterday we got the tree done. All I have to do is the heavy lifting. Wifey does the decoration. Last night we went to two parties. We tend to flit about. First up was a bunco party at the neighbors up the road. I've never played it before but I caught on quickly, even though it requires a great deal of strategy. After that we were off to The Banker's house for a holiday party. I got a chance to check out his sweet new master suite, done by the same guy who did my kitchen. TCG and #1 were also at the party, but avoided me for some reason.

I see Johnny Football will be starting the 10am game today so I plan to plant myself in front of the tube. I won the weekly pool last week, good for a Jackson. Maybe I'll make it two in a row this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home