DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Celebrity Edition

According to US magazine, Jennifer Aniston went without makeup on the set of her new movie and found it "liberating". Really Jen? How the hell does that liberate you? What trite bullshit.

I see a lot of "opening up" but I'd rather they keep it shut. Leighton Meester, 28, is sharing her thoughts on getting older. Give me a shout in 30 years Leighton.

Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen just had a baby girl. They named her Briar Rose. Their next kid will be named Thorn. By the way, remind me who the hell these people are again.

After I saw the US article reporting that celebs are rocking pixie cuts, I decided to move over to the People web page to get a more intellectual viewpoint. There I found that Wendy Williams reveals what she doesn't like about Taylor Swift. I say we give Taylor equal time.

I tried making sense of this article but the image of Martha Stewart hopping on a hog had me flummoxed.


I caught this about Ariana Grande.

"The star reveals that she’s unapologetic when it comes to expressing her style sense. “Polka dots and hair bows — I can’t,” she tells the magazine. “Give me a skinny jean, a YSL top, and a cat ear, and we’re good.”

That sounds like something I'd say at 21.

Another 21 year old, Miley Cyrus, shared some pictures of her giving her pet pig a pedicure, which upset some fans. I agree that she ought to leave the pig alone, but I'm more upset that she won't wear enough clothes and keep her tongue in her mouth.

Moving to the music world, Arctic Monkeys have stopped spilling drinks on their settee long enough to ask the eternal question "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?"

In more important news, Time reported that Keira Knightley posed topless to protest photoshopping. I vigorously support her cause.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home