DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Boogers Etc.

The knuckleheads have shut down the government for the first time since Newtie was Speaker. The Tea Party is a bunch of shameful grifters.

The Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck tour is hitting the Paramount in Oakland on October 22. The show is brought to you by Incongruous Productions Inc. I'd rather see The Fab Faux, which is what I'm doing Saturday night, along with some blog characters.


Dr. Joe is in town so we had dinner at Town Hall. It's located in an historic building on the corner of Fremont and Howard. I pulled it off The Chron's Top 100 list and we were not disappointed. Joe went with the mahi mahi and I had the pork chop, washed down with a bottle of 2011 Turley Zin. Our only peeve was that we had to wait quite a while for the apple puff pastry we split for dessert. We both like our puff pastry delivered promptly. We always have. On our walk back, Dr. Joe received congratulations from a fellow conference attendee for his 2013 HIV Educator of the Year award. We said our goodbyes at 3rd and Howard. I gave him a hug, mainly because The Village has turned me into a hugger.

Yesterday morning the radio informed me that Zuma Nesta Rock feigned wiping boogers on his dad Gavin Rossdale's pants. The source was allegedly TMZ but I could find no corroboration. If I ever tried to wipe boogers on my old man's pants, especially if he was wearing one of his Brooks Brothers suit, he'd likely give me five good reasons not to repeat the gesture. Of course if he had named me Zuma Nesta Rock, I probably would have filled his oxfords with mud and worms instead of shoe trees.

Dinner at TCG's tonight. I'm a social being.

I got a hit from southern Finland Tuesday. Anybody willing to fess up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home