DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Look

There's been quite the hullabaloo over Miley Cyrus' VMA performance. She's a child seeking attention, but since she has a lot of dough, perhaps she should hire some advisers that would explain to her that these antics don't do her much good. 


My club has a new program called Babilates, that purports to "tone your body and get in shape as you connect and bond with your little one". I wish they had this kind of stuff 20 years ago. I might have bonded with my kids. After the workout I wonder if they head to Starbucks for a Babilatte.

I saw this headline recently.

"Researchers Grow Human 'Mini Brains'"

About three paragraphs in my blog was mentioned in reference to "tolerance tests".

I was driving down 101 Tuesday morning and came upon a motorcyclist with a pink mohawk on his helmet. I think that is cooler, by an order of magnitude, than any personalized license plate. And I've been waiting to use the term "order of magnitude" in this blog for over six years.

I'm going for a haircut today. I was talking to my wife last night about changing up my "look" but she wasn't very supportive. I told her I was going to go with a buzz cut and grow my beard back at some point. She said it made me look old. How can a geezer not look old? We were then watching some TV and caught a report about Rihanna changing her look on a daily basis. I told my wife that if Rihanna can do it daily, I can do it once or twice a year. Speaking of looks, I love this one from the recent Venice Film Festival.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home