DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, August 16, 2013

Dashboard Confessional

Besides for a band name, what the hell is that? In any case, I have my own confession to make. I've been a complete slug in the blog department. Bless me readers, it's been almost two months since my last post. This lassitude comes to an end today. I am re-instituting the weekly SLA. Go ahead, pinch yourself.

To catch you up, my corporate life continues to be fascinating. I'll leave it at that. The social life has been active, as many people seek me out to add a dash of excitement to their otherwise mundane lives. I got a call out of the blue from The Poughkeepise Kid yesterday. He was at a conference down here so I invited him over for dinner. We had a grilled steaks then dug on Reverend Al's greatest hits. Tonight I'm seeing the numbers and The Exec. I hope to have something interesting to write about after our get together. I am an optimist.

The wife and I had a great vacation a few weeks back. We went to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria. It was my first time north of the border. Only one major fight and a few spats. We had great weather, as it rained only at the end of the trip. It was the region's longest dry period since 1958. We played tourists in Seattle, with a duck boat tour and Space Needle visit. Vancouver was a cool town. We had a great dinner at a place called La Quercia. Do the family style dinner if you ever go. At dinner the following night, we saw actress Krysten Ritter supping at the bar. I recognized her from her appearances on Breaking Bad, which the wife and I have recently made short work of via Netflix. Now I understand what one of my old work buddies was raving about. Good show.

On a recent commute I saw personalized license plates coming and going. On the way down a Mercedes had "My (whatever the hell model it was)". I'm not sure why people need to point that out. If you're driving it, the odds are its yours. On the way home there was a Honda sports car with the plate announcing "FSTR N U". I mention this one only because I was deeply impressed.


This pic just ruined my morning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home