DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, September 07, 2013

POST 400

Here's the deal. I'm pissed. I show up at the club at 7:30am today after the joint's been closed for the New Year (5774) for three days and I can't get a lane. It started out well enough. I walk into the locker room to find myself slightly amused by a sole member of the USSR (see 5/16/09 post), in a comfy chair, engrossed in an episode of Caillou. Upon further inspection, he was not paying a great deal of attention, but he wasn't changing the channel either.

So I put on my thong bathing suit and head to the pool. The outside one has about 20 people in 8 lanes. The math was not in my favor. The indoor pool, usually a ghost town at that hour, had a surplus of swimmers as well. There were also several ladies that were about an hour early for the Aqua Fitness, aka Geriatric Water Aerobics, class. I had a brief Jacuzzi and then took a few half-assed half laps along with a languorous round of water walking.

The rest of the morning will be consumed with going to the farmers market and making a pot pie out of my leftover pot roast. What are you doing today? Watching Caillou?


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home