DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, September 06, 2013

Blogging Is Hard

Gosh, this renewed SLA is tough on me. I have to come up with hooey on a weekly basis.

Dr. Joe is coming to town. He said he enjoyed the FCPD log so you can look forward to more of that on the next post. I take the input of my readers very seriously.

Dr. Joe will be staying with us tomorrow night. I'll be taking him to the Belgian's party. The Belgian and his wife are having a Belgian Blowout for their 50th birthdays. They are the last of the villagers to hit that mark. The Belgian Blowout is quite different from the Brazilian Blowout I get done every couple months, but both are quite worthwhile.

I'm looking forward to introducing my old college bud to the village crew. I expect there to be some heady conversations between Dr. Joe and The Belgian. It is a can't miss pairing of mad scientists.

In other news, my wife is working hard at her new job. She was recently promoted, which allows me to play an important support role in her life. In addition to having her meals ready in the evening, she recently gave me the opportunity to take in her dry cleaning. I'm feeling useful.

Last weekend we went over to #2's house for a Labor Day BBQ. The #1s and The Execs were there as well. The Exec had to step away at one point for a business meeting. He's a man on the go. #2 and wife cranked out some primo grub along with what the other guests brought. #2 and I experienced some back problems later in the evening. My wife says mine was due to walking funny,caused by over-consumption. I hate it when she's right. Maybe I'll have her pick up the dry cleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home