DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Schmoe Show?

I was getting my do done Saturday morning, as I always do when I go to see The Fab Faux, and I came across one of Belmont's newest businesses. I'm not sure what they do.


 
TCG, The Belgian, the numbers and I all headed up to the city around 4:30 with the wives in tow for our early bird dinner special at Yoshi's. You can get better seats for the show if you have dinner there. We had a family style repast of several sushi rolls, Crispy Brussels Sprouts (Lemon, toasted almond and cashews, dry seaweed, cauliflower puree), short ribs and fried chicken. Scrumptious!

I found out during dinner that The Exec and his wife would be joining us for the show, to replace some friends of #1 that could not make it, so we had over half of the village staying out in the city past 10pm. This is a rare feat in our superannuated circle.

We had good seats for the show, about 30' from the stage. The Fab Faux did Rubber Soul in its entirety. I had bought the CD for the trip up and their re-creation of the music was spot on. For an encore they did I Am The Walrus. After that Cesar Rosas and David Hidalgo of Los Lobos joined them on the stage for Twist n' Shout/La Bamba/Hang On Sloopy. That was a boatload of guitarists, two of them lefty, cranking out an a formidable performance.

In other music news, you only have a couple more days to catch Motley Crue's appropriately named show, Evening in Hell, at The Hard Rock in Vegas.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home