DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blotter

I just got back from the club. I was there for a tribathalon. I noticed that some people did not get the memo. Spandex is only intended for a subset of the population. I'll head back this afternoon to take SB2 for a swim. Then I'll come home and watch the Niners. I'm a fan again since they're winning.

Since all I've heard from my former employer in the writing business is crickets, I've decided to bring one of my more popular features, the police blotter review, to the blog. That's right, I'm taking the franchise private. It may be slightly different as I no longer need to dial it back for public consumption. There was not much to work with this month, but then again, this one is a freebie. Without further adieu, here it is, with the verbatim blotter item in plain text and my comments in italics.

10:31 a.m., Chess Drive: A rental company reported a truck wasn’t returned when it was due back.

Don't you guys have a half hour grace period or something?

11:39 a.m., Edgewater Boulevard: A business complained that a delivery truck blocked their customer parking.

Don't you guys have a half hour grace period or something?

11:41 a.m., Jamba Juice on Metro Center Boulevard: Yellow cab driver fled after backing into another car. Cab described as Lincoln Towne with billboard signage advertising 107.7 FM.

That cab sounds like one sweet ride.

12:56 p.m., Foster’s Landing Apartments on Bounty Drive: A Good Samaritan found a bicycle and brought it into the police station, where the owner picked it up shortly afterwards

Just like the tale from the New Testament.

7:16 p.m., Killdeer Park on Killdeer Court: Police received a report of a person being chased by a small unleashed dog, but the dog was gone by the time the cops showed up.

The Taco Bell chihuahua strikes again.

9:17 a.m., Franciscan Apartments on Foster City Boulevard: A property manager reported a man pilfering recyclables from an apartment complex, but the burglar got away on his bicycle by the time the cops showed up.

If your getting rid of shit, it's not exactly pilfering.

3:26 a.m., Sea Spray Lane: An identity thief opened a credit card in a Foster City resident’s name.

SOB


10:07 p.m., Comet Drive: A motorist complained to police that a vandal has repeatedly put feces on their car.

How do you know that the Taco Bell chihuahua didn't jump up there and drop one?

5:08 p.m., Sea Cloud Park on Sea Cloud Drive: Police were summoned to mediate a dispute between parents at a children’s soccer game after receiving complaints of a disturbance.

Soccer moms have always frightened me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home