DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Three Day Weekend

My Labor Day plans are screwed. I just got kicked off a flight for wearing sagging pants.

My girl heads to college today. All sorts of sentimental thoughts are running through my mind, e.g. "two down, one to go".

I used to like scary movies when I was a kid. One of the local NYC stations had Creature Features on Saturday night. The old Karloff and Lugosi films don't do it for me anymore so tonight I plan to start reading Dick Cheney's memoir.

How do you spell Gaddafi? Well, there's apparently a myriad of ways. Soon enough you'll be able spell it "toast". This reminds me of a story from my days when I was working with The Wolv. We were on a shift with a guy named Danny on a hot SF day, a rarity, back in the mid-80s. Danny decided to put his t-shirt around his head to keep the sun off. The Wolv dubbed him Moammar KaDanny.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/04/2011 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Back when we all had enough energy to shoot hoops at lunch . . .
    The Wolv

     

Post a Comment

<< Home