DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Politics As Usual

During the boys call last night we viewed the pandemic from the celebrity angle.  We made fun of the completely clueless Meghan McCain and her daily double stupidity. She stated that they need to replace Fauci with someone who “understands science” and lamented that she, as The View co-host, cannot get the vaccine.  Maybe someone should tell her the only reason she has that job is because Daddy was a senator. Otherwise, she might be assistant manager at Burger King.

I had been pissed that I, as DJ’s Detritus blogger, could not get the vaccine either.  But through a simple twist of fate, I got one last week.  The wife is doing some part time work for her old gig and qualified.  I accompanied her to the Oakland Coliseum and the nice man there asked me if I’d like one too. I said yes, please jab me.  We return on March 9.  We got the Pfizer dose and neither had any reaction.

I’m a little late with this one but I noticed in Trump’s predictable attack on McConnell that he called him a “dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack". While spot on, can you see Trump using that language?  I don’t think those adjectives are in his lexicon. He’ll have a chance to expound on his feelings at CPAC 2021, America Uncancelled.  This is the event that canceled Young Pharaoh, which is the right thing to do due to his reprehensible statements, but since when did CPAC start having a conscience?  Trump will be going, but Pence will not.  Through his spokesman, Mikey said he cannot make the event because he does not want to get murdered. I caught the following tweet re that event.


I mentioned a bete noire of mine in my 12/8/18 post and I’d like to share another.  Using the term “it was everything” for a non-event, such as detailed in the below link, is really annoying me.  “It was nothing” is more like it.  You should not be able to use that phrase so flippantly.  Let’s go back to 1969.  If they had said “we have landed a man on the moon and it was everything”, I might be inclined to work with them.  But anybody can do no pants.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/halle-berry-posted-no-pants-160433648.html

Ted Cruz is still getting some flak.  He’s unhappy with the “assholes” that leaked the Cancun text messages.  Poor Ted.  He was playing with his phone during insurrection hearings yesterday, so I think he’s the asshole.  Also, somebody hired a mariachi band to play in front of his house recently.  DJ like.  Lastly, you can pick up your Ted pinata here.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/sen-ted-cruz-pinatas-created-at-dallas-party-store/2560281/

Anybody have thoughts on the recently cloned black-footed ferret?  I think it is time to stop messing around and bring back some dinosaurs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home