DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, March 01, 2020

Sunday Funday

I'm sitting at my dining room table where I have moved all my computer equipment.  We are beginning a remodel adventure, hopefully tomorrow.  We have cleared all the furniture from the bedrooms so we can have the popcorn ceilings scraped, recessed lighting installed, and everything repainted.  The bulk of the work will take place in the master bedroom, where we are having a new bathroom installed.  The dual sink vanity and larger shower will give us a little space to spread out.

I could blame having to prepare for this event for my one for February blog performance, but that would be disingenuous.  I have not felt the burning passion to write two or three paragraphs lately, but I can let my readership down for only so long.  So, I'll catch you up on the latest happenings.

We flew to Portland last Saturday to spend some time with the girl for her 27th birthday weekend.  We went to Great Notion Brewing and Barrel House for lunch.  I unwisely decided to have a second IPA, so I had to nap for a few hours when we returned to our Airbnb.  Dinner that night was at 3 Doors Down, a nice Italian place that the women made me trek to.  OK, it was only about a mile walk.

The next day I was charged with making macaroni and cheese for dinner for several of the girl's friends from her grad program and some Foster City folks that moved to Portland several years ago. We miscalculated the required quantities. That second pan was not really needed, so I gave the guests a plastic bag to hold open while I shoveled mac and cheese into it for them to take home.  The girl got the rest of the second pan.

We were blessed with good weather for the trip.  There was rain on Monday but that was a workday for me, so I was snuggled inside.  Dinner that evening was at La Moule, where we had eaten on our last Portland trip.  We were accompanied by a family friend who is a professor at Portland State.  The chow was good.

Speaking of good chow, we went to a Leap Day disco birthday party last night for Mrs. TCG.  Happy 16th! Oh boy, I ate too much.  The salmon sushi was killer, the chicken skewers delish, and the filet mignon sliders outstanding.  We all had our disco gear on.  I was chastised for having a t-shirt on under my Huckapoo style shirt, but I'm a little shy about exposing my bounty of chest hair.

Switching gears, there is quite a hullabaloo as concerns the royal family.  I read today that Meghan is leaving Archie back home while she joins Harry in the UK "for their last round of royal engagements".  It looks like Meghan also is trying to get a Marvel role.  What a life!  I am eternally grateful that I am an anonymous chucklehead with a few bucks in the bank, a great family and contingent of friends, and no assholes outside my house trying to snap pictures of me.

Uncle Joe took the SC primary yesterday so Super Tuesday should be an interesting day.  I read an article today from Never Trumper Rick Wilson stating that is was time for Barack to endorse Joe.  That would piss off my Bernie Bro son, but I'm going to have to agree.  It is time for that umber 239 pound+ sack of grievance and hostility to go.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/08/2020 11:33 AM, Blogger The Exec said…

    Never, and I mean NEVER, has such an egregious wardrobe been committed. T-shirt? Under a disco shirt? This is why the 70s rejected you, leaving you home to smoke weed, drink PBR, and listen to albums by fringe proto-punk bands only now remembered by you and Unc. 😜

     

Post a Comment

<< Home