DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Amazin'

OK, enough about The Wigs

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the Amazin’ Mets World Series victory.  I told my kids the front page of Middletown, NY’s Times Herald Record that I have framed on my office wall is 50 years old today.  They’ve ignored me so far.  I also asked them a while back, on a scale of 1 – 10, where I fall on the wokeness scale, given I’m a 62-year-old white guy.  That’s right.  They ignored me.



There was an article about “civility in the land of Foster City” in today’s Daily Journal.  The paywall may block you, which does not make a hell of a lot of sense to me.  It’s a free paper.  Regardless, with folks like The Exec and TCG floating around, I’ve never found this town particularly civil.  I do have to admit that things have improved since #1 took his Singapore assignment and The Hotelier moved to Burlingame.

https://www.smdailyjournal.com/opinion/columnists/civility-in-the-land-of-foster-city/article_98527b22-f078-11e9-a6df-27a1feb41b2f.html

I have my siblings coming over for SNF this weekend. I'll be making Boccocini Di Pollo Con Patate E Salsicce.  Eat your heart out.  Two of the three of us were born in Philly, so you know who we’ll be rooting for.  Out of a sense of magnanimity, I’ve decided to share all my week’s picks with you.

KC, Buf, Jax, Det, GB, LAR, Ind, SF, NYG, Ten, NO, Sea, Phi, NE

I’ve come up with a good gig for Trump and Rudy Ghouliani when they are out of office and out of jail.  They can be the front men for Insane Clown Posse.

73-year-old Suzanne Somers has graced us with this shot.  I find it tastefully done, yet deeply disturbing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home