DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, January 10, 2020

You Have a Friend in Dream

Or at least that is what I thought.  Dream is an old high school friend.  He does not get much blog ink, but he has been mentioned here a handful of times.  Out of nowhere, he lashed out at me on Facebook, blaming me for Harry and Meghan items in his news feed.  I believe this philippic is due to some repressed anger on his part for that one time in 1972 when I got a jump shot off on him that actually went in.  I really wish he would choose his words more carefully, as I am already deeply dismayed that Harry and Meghan are stepping away from their senior roles in the royal family.

Another high school friend, The UK, is much more supportive.  He mentioned that I should start a celebrity podcast.  The UK is enjoying his 32nd wedding anniversary down in Cabo San Lucas. He has delighted us with pictures of his trip. He is paying for this trip with the $10k referral bonus he mentioned on FB seven or eight times.

I must admit that I am a bit behind on celebrity news.  Kim Kardashian reported that her daughter North had a stomach flu on Christmas Eve.  I got the news via Yahoo, one of my go to sources.  Do you know why Verizon combined Yahoo and AOL?  Because no one wants to die alone.  If you’ve talked to me in the last year or so, you’ve probably already heard that one.

I feel bad for North Kardashian West, and not only because she is stuck with that name.  However, I do crave the attention that family gets. Back in 1963, my mom reported to the Latrobe Bulletin that both my brother and I were sent home from St. Xavier’s Academy because of measles.  I’ve searched their archives and have come up with bupkis.

https://www.latrobebulletinnews.com/

My Trump Derangement Syndrome kicked up a notch this week.  It looks like we avoided a full-scale war with Iran, no thanks to The Orange Duce, who gave a sniffing and slurring speech before he headed off to his latest rally. Even Republican senators like Mike Lee were pissed by the administration’s bullshit briefing.  I have an idea.  Vote to remove him from office. Nah, the Republicans are going to carry his stink for generations.

I hear some of my kid’s friends are consulting with financial planners.  I think that is smart, because when I was that age, my main concern was whether I had $5 for a six pack.  I understand one of the critical questions these planners ask their millennial clients is “How much boomer cash will you have access to?” That’s why I tell my kids that I’m busy spending their inheritance.

My prediction for tomorrow is: Niners 42 Vikings 24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home