DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, November 03, 2019

Alone Again, Naturally

A penumbra of sadness has descended on Gull Ave.  My wife has left me alone again, this time to attend a sorority sister soiree in San Diego. And I have an extra hour to fill.

I got to the posh club at opening time today. I spent some time on the stationary bike and then some deltoid and rhomboid work.  I tend to avoid the biceps.  As I believe I’ve mentioned here previously, they’re already too damn big.

I usually see some interesting things there.  They had a sign up about a class in Zohar, the chief text of the Jewish Kabbalah.  I temporarily confused it with that Adam Sandler classic, You Don’t Mess with the Zohan. 

A few weeks ago, I was minding my own business, blow drying my armpits, when I encountered a gentleman at the sink in his underwear.  This would not be odd if he had not also been wearing his socks and loafers.  I thought you usually took those off before your pants.  And there was a millennial gently and meticulously blow drying his scraggly beard on the lowest setting.  Give it a couple wipes with a towel and you are done bro.

In politics, our esteemed president* - asterisk courtesy of Charles Pierce – was booed at World Series Game 5 as well as a UFC bout last night.  I do not recall President Obama attending any UFC fights. 

Surprisingly, Thursday’s impeachment vote went strictly along party lines.  The big news is that Jim Jordan wore a suit coat and Katie Porter a Batgirl costume.

SB1 is down at The Wig’s house, doing his part.  Mrs. Wig is putting in 14-hour days until the election.  They are both helping turn Virginia blue.

Lastly, Tim Ryan ended his presidential campaign a little while back.  My question is: How could they tell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home