DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Geezer Patrol

I'm going to a 60th birthday party tonight, the second one this month. And in less than two years, mine comes around. I guess its time to get in gear for that mid-life career change.

We had a graduation a few weeks back. The girl now has her degree and is currently touring Europe. She'll be working with autistic kids for a year then likely will head off to grad school. She'll be living with us so I'm mulling over how much rent I'll charge her. Somebody in Mountain View is leasing a tent in their back yard for $900. I'll let her live indoors for that.

Tuesday we fly off to Costa Rica. The wife and I were perusing Trip Advisor reviews this morning, as well as the zip line facilities. I'm a famous zip liner, in case you were unaware.


Since you know I'm heading south for a while, feel free to burgle my house. However, the Hummel collection is secure.

In the news, some folks are blaming the rise in STDs on dating apps. I'm glad these weren't around when I was in college. That plus the fact that women frightened me kept me disease free.


What else is new? I hosed out the compost bin yesterday. I thought detailing the contents of my compost bin might make a good post, but then I sobered up. I do enough recycling here as it is. I was also thinking about listing Donald Trump's cabinet but have only come up with Chuck Norris for Justice and Mr. Green Jeans for Agriculture so far.

It looks like The UK, TK and I are heading back to NY for a high school reunion in September. 4M bailed on us so we're not talking to him. This month marks 41 years since we escaped those hallowed halls upstate.

Here's a nearby business. Their name puzzles me.


What other kind is there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home