DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, January 03, 2014

The Year In Review

Not really. Maybe the last month or so. Or maybe I'll just babble about pop culture.

Rumor has it that The Biebs and Selena Gomez may be back together. I am at a loss for words.

People are leaving upstate NY. I started the trend 30 years ago.


I hate it when my five spice donkey meat is tainted with fox meat.


OK, this is not really what you signed up for. You want to know what is going on with DJ. This is understandable.

The kitchen is done. There's a few tweeks left but the days of garage cooking are over. Thanks to #1 for the use of his camp stove.

We hosted a dinner for 22 on Christmas Eve for the 60th birthday of The Exec. The boys put together a fisherman's stew and a pasta puttanesca for the Festa dei Sette Pesci. My kids were all home and we had the families of The Numbers, The Exec, The Hotelier and TCG for a blowout replete with video to commemorate the big 6 Oh. The martinis and vino flowed freely, the food was primo and we called it a wrap shortly before midnight.

Christmas day it was off to DC for SB1 while the daughter, wife and I flew to San Diego. We stayed at the house of my dear mother-in-law for the last time. She'll be moving into retirement community shortly. We all helped with the downsizing. My main contribution was accepting a fine Italian dining room table to replace the junker we've been using for 20 years.

We had a savory ham dinner Christmas day and the next day we recycled the ham during a family reunion. The age range at that event was from 6 months to the early 80s. My wife got a lot of good pics and all were of good cheer.

Now I'm back in the FC and back at work. So begins 2014.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home