DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Here's What I Got

Before I get into the meat of the matter, celebrity mishaps and breakups, I'd like to address an issue from my last post. I now realize I gave my brother, who is kind to small children and animals, short shrift. He is and always has been my personal hero. He is a top flight legal mind, a champion of the downtrodden, and a sexy beast. I hope this rights a wrong.

The darn power was out in my house for close to 24 hours this weekend. I guess it hit a big swath of FC for a short time, but stayed out in a small portion of my hood until about 8pm last night. The fridge and freezer contents will have go into the compost bin.

The wife and I escaped to San Mateo early in the evening. We had a martini, hers with an olive and mine with a twist, at Capellini. We then went down the road to Fusion, an up and coming Peruvian eatery. We met the #1s and another couple for a tasty dinner. I don't believe I've mentioned this other couple before. I'm going to have to work on a blog name for them. She is our kitchen designer and he was a Boy Scout leader during my son's days with Troop 175. We were invited to their home after dinner for dessert and cordials. I think they got to know us better during the evening. This is why I don't anticipate being invited back.

I had to drop a grand on the Volvo because the ABS light wouldn't go out. My regular mechanic said he didn't do that stuff and another brake place couldn't do anything with it. I had no choice but to bring it to the dealership with their built in stratospheric markup, They did do a nice job vacuuming it though. My timing was good because the day before I ran into some damn thing on 101S around 6:30am that smashed part of the grill and snapped a piece of the bumper. Fortunately they found no damage. So you may ask, "DJ, why are you dropping one large on your 13 year old Volvo?" Because I want it to be my 20 year old Volvo someday.

Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr broke up and apparently Orlando spoke out about it to Katie Couric. Thank you Orlando. And it looks like there may be trouble in paradise for Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes. Being pretty and rich does not guarantee a couple's happiness. I'm going to go out on a limb and say my wife and I are the exception, not the rule.

Guy Fieri got into a knock down, drag out with his hairdresser that somebody caught on film. Although this makes perfect sense to me, I did not watch the video because I cannot stand to look at Guy's do.

Hard luck case Bernie Goetz got nabbed for trying to sell weed to an undercover cop. That dude has seriously bad judgment.

The UK caught Johnny Marr at The Fillmore Friday night. Once they put some seats in that joint, I'll join him.

Ciao Belli

1 Comments:

  • At 11/08/2013 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our 15 year-old Volvo got stolen a couple of years ago. We replaced it with a 17 year-old one. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home