DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

December

"December was originally the tenth month of the year in the Roman calendar until a monthless winter period was divided between January and February. It gets its name from the Latin word "decem" which means tenth. However, when the Romans added January and February to the calendar, it became the twelfth month. The name remained the same however."

I look this stuff up so you don't have to. Since I've resorted to quoting Wikipedia in my last two posts, its clear I'm running on fumes.

It feels like December out there, at least in the California sense. It was in the low 40s this morning and I had the space heater cranked. I took my first sip of coffee and YIKES. It was full of curdled half and half. So I had to head out to Starbucks in my pajama pants and Detroit Tiger cap to get my daily mud.

I headed up to the big city in the afternoon for a work event. We wrapped gifts for a couple hours. I'm not very gifted when it comes to that skill. The wife always took care of that every Christmas.

The kitchen is nearing completion. I'll be whipping up fantastic dishes shortly. I can't spend any more money on my suburban villa for the rest of the decade.

This weekend will bring you the adventures detailed within the FC police log.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home