DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Serious Business

I wanted to let everyone know that I will soon be calling a meeting of the board of directors of this blog. The main topic will be possible relief on the SLA. I plan to ask for an extension from 7 to 10 days. I'm confident this will be granted, as the chairman of the bored, #1, explained to me today that no one reads this anyway. The reason is that, due to my overwhelming popularity, my other writing gig has asked me to write my column weekly, as opposed to every other week. I simply cannot let down that fan base. You can infer from that where you clowns stand.

Regarding my last post, I want to make clear that I have no intention of giving my wonderful sister short shrift. While my brother and I get along famously, almost as well as Oasis' Gallagher brothers, my little sis holds a special place in my heart. She's responsible for the last migration of my nuclear family to California. Once she hit SF, my parents pulled up stakes and followed shortly thereafter. Who the hell wants to slosh through sleet and dirty snow as they approach their 70s anyway, except ski freaks like The UK.

Little sis is a good looking 40 something former jock that has always been very generous with family. If the kids have a school fund raiser, she's first on the call list. Before SB1 headed off for his freshman year of college, she came by and slipped him a wad of cash. This munificent gesture was in no way diminished by the fact that I told the kid to hand it over as soon as she left.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home