DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Strike?

Did you slugs pony up? Don't piss me off. I might go on strike.

I made a turkey meatloaf a few weeks ago. It didn't turn out so well. It may have been overcooked as it came out a little dry. We still have some left. As the rainy season is approaching, I placed it under the house to act as a desiccant.

Speaking of turkey, Thanksgiving is almost upon us. Several times in the past I've taken the prior Monday through Wednesday off but I'll be heading into the office this week. I asked 4M, The UK and TK if we were going to do our traditional Sunday to Tuesday Vegas trip this year but they took a pass. Here's the part where I'd call them slugs but I already used that term in my opening line.

We'll be spending Thanksgiving with friends. Sonny Boy 1 will not be coming home for the holiday but has buddies back there in DC and may also spend the holiday with my in-laws. Better him than me. I love the kid but I'm not springing for airfare just to see him for a couple days.

I watched Letterman before writing this. You'd be wise to do the same instead of reading this drivel. He said if you are not already in the airport security line for your Thanksgiving trip, then you should forget about it. He also mentioned that during Orville Redenbacher's cremation, he popped.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/23/2010 9:49 AM, Anonymous The UK said…

    Slug? Dude, I'm going to be catching insane powder runs all weekend at Kirkwood while you're eating leftovers and watching football on TV.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home