DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Duty Bound

Yes folks, it's that time again. I don't have much to say but I gotta say something. I cannot disappoint my loyal readership, especially my good friend #1, whom I occasionally refer to as Cruel Overlord and Keeper of the SLA.

I'm a proud daddy these days. As most of you know, the girl is going to play hoops for UCSD next year. Probably only my European reader and JB have not gotten the news. JB and I are in one of our periodic lack of communication modes. These can last for years and then we pick up where we left off, emailing ten times a day or so.

As far as my kids, two of the three will have competed in college athletics. This should come as no surprise. They are the progeny of a one time third string high school JV basketball player.

6 Comments:

  • At 12/04/2010 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats to Emily!

     
  • At 12/05/2010 3:43 PM, Anonymous The UK said…

    Didn't realize your wife was a one time third string high school JV basketball player....

     
  • At 12/06/2010 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whos spin move was like 33&1/3

     
  • At 12/06/2010 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who could almost maybe kind of close not quite just about let me try again dunk

     
  • At 12/06/2010 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you really think you could throw up the alley and not have someone come with the oop?

     
  • At 12/16/2010 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You were quite cute, sitting on that bench in your blue and whites.

    AMS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home