DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Old Habits Die Hard

Although the Detritus Board met recently and granted me the 10 day SLA, I still feel as though I should have posted by yesterday. I guess that is but one of the many things that makes me a solid citizen. Speaking of the DB, I had a lengthy email exchange with them today. There's no other way to put it. Those guys are schmucks.

I stopped by The UK's place yesterday to pick up one of his Macs. I was a little apprehensive because his neighborhood is dicey. Since The UK lives up to his name, the schools my wife works at have now received four computers due to his generosity. The UK and I went up to one of them to read to the classes last year. We covered passages of Hop on Pop, Green Eggs and Ham, and War and Peace.

I got a cryptic email from The Wig yesterday, about awaiting a rebuttal, but he didn't say anything else. Nor did he leave a comment here or at my other writing gig. However this is far from the first time I've not known what the hell he was talking about. I called him a couple times today but he's screening my calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home