DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Haircut 100, Billboard 200, Post 300

That's correct, this is my 300th post. In celebration of that milestone, many people have the day off today. But I'm not here just to gloat about my prolificacy. I'm here to gloat about the fact that I am on the verge of 25,000 hits. With that kind of track record in under a five year span, there's only one word that comes to mind: MONETIZE.

I'd also like to discuss Sonny Boy 2's nocturnal wanderings. He often bursts into our room in the middle of the night, in nothing but a t-shirt. We take him to the bathroom, put his clothes back on, and put him back to bed. That's usually the extent of it. But this past Thursday night/Friday morning, he had other ideas. I had gotten up with him twice already and the third time was the charm. As I went to get him back in bed, I couldn't find his diaper and pajama bottoms. Now if SB2 could talk, he would have said, "Oh Dad, they're out in the kitchen. And by the way, I decided to piss all over the floor while I was out there." So after I mopped that up, I put him back in the sack. A short while later, he popped up again. That's when I told my wife it was her turn.

It's a good thing the SLA got extended. My old pal JB is back on the email machine after an extended absence. I'll have to devote a significant amount of time responding to her 20 daily emails.

Why am I wasting time writing this crap when I have a deadline looming with my paid writing gig?

1 Comments:

  • At 1/29/2011 3:09 PM, Anonymous The UK said…

    It's a bummer that 24,851 of those 25,000 hits were 4M hitting refresh in his browser....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home