DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Doing The Hip Trip

I was listening to alternative radio yesterday. Its just something I do once in a while, in an attempt to be hip. The DJ was saying that Stone Temple Pilots, aka STP, were taking a break from their touring schedule. However, I think it was a brief one because it looks like they'll be making their November 1 show at The Warfield. This has got to be great news to those of you still living in 1994.

Speaking of STP - the motor oil additive, not the band - their distinctive oval stickers were popular when I was a youngster. I think I had one on my bike. That's probably because we did not have a car to put it on. Car culture was alive and well in my little town, which made us a family of outcasts, at least until my brother reached the age when he could become the family chauffeur, a mantle I proudly assumed a few years later

I'm thinking about naming my abdominal muscles. I'm open to suggestions.

Lastly, I'd like to make one point crystal clear. I'm not a warlock. I'm you, only better.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/21/2010 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rather than the "situation", how about the "laissez faire" or perhaps, "detente"?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home