DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, June 04, 2010

Going Global

I got a hit from Slovenia this week. The Hotelier has helped me expand my audience. I already have an international readership but every little bit helps.

For those of you that religiously follow my FB page, you're well aware that I take SB2 to the natatorium regularly for some quality time and exercise. He needs to be watched pretty closely as he likes to reach out and pinch the smaller swimmers. There's no malice aforethought. Its just his way of saying, "How the heck are ya?" We were there Monday and I was tracking him pretty closely. There was a bunch of kick boards and other junk some knuckleheads left floating about, so I grabbed it and put it on the side of the pool. As soon as I turned around the theme from Jaws started playing loudly in my head as I saw him heading directly for some eight year old. Another couple feet and there would have been trouble.

Now for a word about ass gaskets. You know what I'm referring to, those circular tissues you find in some restrooms to cover the toilet seat. The ones at work say "provided by the management for your protection". While I am verklempt that the senior leadership team cares so much about my hiney, I don't use them. I just usually slather on a pint or so of Purell before I ascend the throne. Now the reason I bring this up is I was sequestered earlier this week and my stall mate started prepping his seat. He pulled out one gasket, then a couple more. At one point I got the feeling he was building a fort. I should have just slid him my economy size bottle of Purell.

Aloha peeps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home