DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Madness, Reefer and Otherwise

When I was a kid growing up in the outer suburbs of NYC, the announcer on local channel 5 would come on right before the 10pm news and say, “Its 10 o'clock, do you know where your children are?” Well folks, its 4/20, do you know where your medical marijuana dispensary is?

I'm letting celebrity crappola news get to me. I never read Gibbon's The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, but I'm sure they had their equivalent of E News, Life and Style magazine etc. etc. HuffPo treated me to what I assumed was supposed to be a tastefully nude pic of Kim Kardashian. Here's what she had to say:

"The message [of this shoot] is embrace your curves and who you are," Kim told Harper's Bazaar. "I feel proud if young girls look up to me and say, 'I'm curvy, and I'm proud of it now.'"

How vapid and self-absorbed can one human be? If my daughter was looking up to her, she would be immediately sent into intensive therapy. Kim and I do have one thing in common though. We both have revenge bodies.
















Although I have issues with Hollywood types, my bud #2 is featured in a new flick and I'm not holding it against him.
















However, I am pissed at The Exec. He owes me $31.60. I'd probably never see it except for the fact that I'm holding his bottle of 2008 Jazz Cellars Pinot hostage.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/20/2010 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I got a shout out! I'm honored. And I have to tell you, I do aspire to look like the Iron Man. But unfortunately, I look more like the picture of you impressive torso (in fact, I have similar photos ... want compare?).

    #2

     

Post a Comment

<< Home