DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In The News

I just got back from Rome, where I was pounding Sapporos with my buddy Shoichi Nakagawa, the ex-finance minister of Japan. He handed in his resignation to his boss, Prime Minster Taro Aso. If I were Shoichi, I would have said, “Taro, don’t be such an Aso.”

Did you hear about Texas scam artist R. Allen Stanford? The SEC has nailed him in an $8 billion fraud case. You know John Law is going to come down on this guy like a ton of bricks. There’s a good chance that Stanford, aka L’il Bernie, will spend up to several months under house arrest at his sprawling mansion.

Roland Burris can’t get his story straight. He may be on his way out, serving even less than the 150 days Pierre Salinger put in as U.S. Senator from my adopted home state of California.

GM is on the ropes. It’s not your father’s Cadillac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home