DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Anger Management

Here’s an article from a local paper, featured on Letterman last night.

http://www.marinij.com/fairfax/ci_10010468

I caught a snippet from CNBC’s interview with the Wells Fargo CFO today. Besides for his stream of standard corporate bullshit, there was a graphic with the following:

$294 million Madoff related write offs

As many a punster before I have stated, Madoff made off with the dough. Apparently these fine customers borrowed from the banks and gave it to Bernie to invest. There was no mention of the bottom line effect of me moving my accounts to B of A.

Ever notice how the food purveyors use the adjective “Tuscan” to give their products a gourmet sheen. This has gone too far. I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore. Safeway has lots of Tuscan stuff and now TGI Fridays presents us with Tuscan Spinach Dip. Their shill, ridiculously bleached and spiked Guy Fieri, has been talking it up. A little truth in advertising would give us Akron Spinach Dip.

I was driving to work around 6am yesterday, about to head onto the 101 on ramp. A pedestrian was crossing against the light, engrossed in a cell phone conversation. She did quicken her pace somewhat so I imagine the conversation veered off topic and as she stated “hold on a second, I gotta dodge this Volvo”.

My doc gave me an invitation to a CPAP support group. I’ve always been a big fan of the support group. I was looking forward to this one but I nodded off and missed it.

Sometimes, when I forget I have DVR, I watch commercials.

Happy 50th to Olbermann, one day late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home