DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Paging Senator Burris

I guess the rumor I heard that Blagojevich gives it away is true after all. Now Roland Burris gets to join the august body that includes a not ready for prime time player, at least one client of hookers, and a guy with a wide stance.

This is my first post of 2009. My blog alarm has been going off for a while but I’ve been hitting the snooze button. I gave you guys a break but now its time to get back to business.

Cosmo’s latest screamingly inane headline reads “What Sex Feels Like for Guys”. Thank God someone is looking at it from our perspective for once. Sign me up for a subscription.

I had my usual ration of mud this morning but I’m getting mixed messages again. A Yahoo headline today tells me coffee may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s. But an article yesterday stated "people who drink more than seven cups of coffee a day tend to hallucinate more than less caffeine-driven colleagues". They did however point out that there is not a direct correlation. They summed it up thusly: “But the study noted that the tendency to hear voices or have other hallucinations may not be caused by caffeine, but simply reflect the kind of people who drink lots of coffee.” I’ll buy that.

In other news, the military is looking at accepting overweight recruits, ones they would have rejected previously. I can see it now. “OK private, finish up your nachos and Big Gulp and take that hill.”

1 Comments:

  • At 1/17/2009 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just fyi... I haven't had coffee or any other caffeine since Christmas - or maybe it was Easter - I can't remember.

    AMS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home