DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

DJ Magazine


I’m up to 217 pounds and I’m mad at myself. I may have to shut down the blog.

Anybody interested in a Senate seat from Illinois? I thought about it but I decided to go for the car czar job instead.

Our man Obama has been busy. I heard some lefties were not too happy with his appointments but I ain’t complaining. I was curious how folks in the music industry felt on the topic so I had a conversation with a hologram of Will I. Am.

It’s been another hard day in the corporate salt mines. My wife cracked open a bottle of 2006 Andrew Murray "Tous les Jours" Central Coast Syrah last night so I’m quaffing a glass of that. Here’s the description from the KL Wines web site:

“Offering up notes of black olives, sweet berry fruit, spice box, earth, and new saddle leather, it is a long, ripe, soft, delicious red”

You ever tasted new saddle leather? Or old saddle leather for that matter. Nah! They’re just making stuff up now.

Did I ever tell you chuckleheads about the letter I got from MCI, where I was employed when my first kid was born? Of course not, or I wouldn’t ask you. I scour my blog archive before a print anything. MCI was kind enough to give me a savings bond for my son’s birth. The accompanying letter stated “Congratulations on your anniversary or the birth of a child”. It was the personal touch that set that company apart.

As the Bush era winds down, I’ve pondered what the biggest perk of being an ex-president is. I’ve decided it’s the speeches at $100k a pop. But a close second is franking privileges.

I’m thinking of printing up some “DJ’s Detritus” t-shirts. Who wants one? Before you answer, consider the mark up.

When we were kids, we pointed, but we didn’t click.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home