DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Whack Job

Yeah, my job is whack. An effluvium wafts from my cubicle. It’s the rotting carcass of my once promising career. But that’s not what I’m here to talk about.

An unnamed staffer in the McCain campaign called Sarah Palin a “whack job”. I’ve always liked that term. I’ve used it here before. Prior to that, they referred to her as a “diva”. I’m OK as long as we don’t call her Mrs. Vice President. With the superannuated senior senator from Alaska now a convicted felon, we may be calling her Senator Palin sooner rather than later.

Last night Letterman called McCain’s brother Joe a “whack job” for calling 911 because he was stuck in traffic. When they pointed out that that is not what 911 was intended for, he cursed them out. He sounds like a sweetheart. My buddy #1, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, called 911 to whine about the fact that that I hadn’t posted for a couple weeks. Fortunately he didn’t use any course language.

I gotta split. It appears that Wolf Blitzer has a situation in the situation room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home