DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, October 27, 2007

No Grunting

There are a couple of recent articles based on some critical scholarly research that I want to bring to your attention. I will provide the links and I expect you to pore through these as thoroughly as I used to study for my college exams.

The first one discusses the benefits of grunting while working out and whether it will help you in the pursuit of a perfectly toned body, like mine. Personally, I don't grunt while working out. I used to grunt while working, until my Belgian boss had a chat with me. The article points out that one of the grunters, in Wappingers Falls, NY, not far from my beloved hometown, got kicked out of the gym. Maybe they should post “No Grunting” signs.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=84761

Speaking of working out, I’ve noticed that most women at the gym have cute workout outfits, while the guys are generally in ratty t-shirts and shorts that are probably relics from their high school days. This may be a big opportunity for me. My brainchild, “Metrosexual Gym Togs”, could become a lucrative niche market.

The other article stated that women are judged more harshly than men when they cry. They cited the recent Ellen Degeneres dog fiasco show. When I heard about Iggy, I started misting up too. Then I realized she was referring to a dog, and not one of my personal heroes, Iggy Pop. But I don’t want people to get the idea that I’m a gusher. I’d say I don’t cry more than once a month. It generally coincides with the days my wife cooks dinner.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21457366/

Did anyone see that Britney Spears’ mom is writing a parenting book? Maybe I’ll write a biochemistry text, which is something I know nothing about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home