DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yearning to Blog Free

Based on the input of a very wise man by the name of Jimmy The Wig, I have broken free from the yoke of expectations that I have been harnessed to for the last few weeks. I will blog only when I am ready, not a moment sooner. As The Wig says, “They didn’t tell Picasso to paint faster, did they?” I also appreciate the recent comment from #2. He said that perhaps a guest blogger could “fill the content gaps they complain about”. Well put, #2!! I am seriously thinking about promoting you to #1.

I sent my recent post about my dinner with my swarthy siblings to my old man. Yeah, me and the old man are talking again. I’m sure my 9/24/06 post, wherein I detailed the litigation I was engaged in with the paterfamilias, is seared in your mind. But all is well now. I failed to mention that he had a clown as well as a bounce house sent to my house for my recent 50th birthday party. What a guy! He liked the blog I sent him but he made a reference to “potty humor”. What!! I was simply reporting the facts.

Since I’ve brought up that brother of mine, I might as well tell a little story about Sister Gloria’s Spanish class in high school. We sat next to each other and generally got along. However, one day something set us off. I can’t recall exactly what it was. It may have had to do with the conjugation of an irregular verb. We almost came to blows before Sister Gloria settled us down. It’s not widely known, but this little episode was the inspiration for the “quien es mas macho” skit on SNL.

Hey, Tahoe Larry, you still out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home