DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Blocked Blog Boy

The intense pressure I am getting from #1 and The Exec to post is getting to me. This is why I didn’t go into academia. The specter of “publish or perish” was too much. That combined with the fact that I wasn’t a particularly bright young man sealed the deal. The role of bandwidth bureaucrat is a better fit.

I sat down at the computer last night with a glass of the DJ house wine, Marietta Cellars Old Vine Red Lot Number Forty Three. This wine fits my needs perfectly, with hints of boysenberry and parsimony. I had wrapped up another tough week in the corporate salt mines and I was following a long literary tradition of seeking a muse in a bottle, without luck.

Right now I have KFOG cranked up, with its week’s worth of 10 at 10, and I’m raring to go. I see that I have disappointed Tahoe Larry with my lack of blogging this week. So this one’s for you Tahoe Larry, whoever the hell you are. TH stated his concerns in an appropriate manner, for which I am grateful. That is not always the case. For instance, there was the comment on my 8/27 blog from one P.T. Boi. Mr. Boi had the audacity to turn my humorous “Ceviche Man” reference into a mean spirited dig about me being a Cro-Magnon man. I checked my statcounter and it appears that comment originated in Massachusetts. It must have come from one of what my friend The Wolverine refers to as “Massholes”

Its time to wrap this one up but I’m making a commitment here and now to have another post up by tomorrow COB. Close of business is usually around 9pm, which is my bedtime. Right now I’m running out to Starbucks to pick up a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home