DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Ciao Fredo

I’m a little behind on the news. On my next post, it is my intent to bust the chops of Senator Craig, but presently I’ll save my scorn for the executive branch. Recently we got word that Alberto Gonzalez was moving on. It’s clear I ain’t much of prognosticator. In my 5/16 blog, I said he’d ride off into the sunset by mid-June. I was a few months off. The good news is that he’s gone. The bad news will be next sycophantic chucklehead the Prez decides to foist upon us.

The rats are jumping from the ship. I think Alberto may have been nudged so W could do a little legacy repair. I’d say forget it. His legacy is like a ’72 Vega with four bad tires that’s parked outside the White House, and it’s just been rear-ended by a speeding SUV. Face it George, it’s totaled. He hasn’t been helping himself with any of his speeches, like the one he gave to the VFW last month. I printed it, went to the medicine chest for a container of Tums, and toughed it out for all seven pages. As usual, it contained carefully crafted kernels of crap.

It is difficult to fathom that this man was a history major at Yale. He’s making comparisons between Iraq and Vietnam, intimating we should have stayed in Vietnam. I think he might have become a revisionist right quick if he realized that prolonging that endeavor might have taken sending the Texas Air National Guard to Southeast Asia. The man does not get it. History will record the cinematic sweep of his recalcitrance and duplicity. He’s put this country in a hole that will take decades to dig out of. The rest of the government needs to stand up on this war and say enough is enough.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/09/2007 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The crappiest crap that ever got crapped out in Craptown. P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home