DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, September 28, 2007

The Hits Keep Coming

I’m averaging 29 blog hits per day this week. I wasn’t even this popular in high school.

I went for a swim at the club last night. It was a tad chilly out there but nothing that would bother a robust individual like me. After my swim I did two legs of the tribathalon, taking a soak in the hot tub and a quick steam. As I entered the locker room, I saw a gentleman staring at the machine that extracts water from bathing suits. As I began to remove my Speedo, he remained there. I became somewhat uncomfortable. He watched me dry my suit. He then questioned me, in his heavily accented English, whether it was the “centrifugal action” that dried the suit. I said that was indeed the case. He double checked and I affirmed that he was correct. That seemed to satisfy his curiosity and he walked away. Maybe I should start swimming in the morning.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/29/2007 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I saw Big D in a Speedo, I would need the machine that extracts traumatic visual images from yr brain. P.T.

     
  • At 10/02/2007 12:28 PM, Blogger bozzi81 said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10/02/2007 12:32 PM, Blogger bozzi81 said…

    DJ, at least you're swimmin. That sight , you in a speedo, wouldn't bother me much, I don't see too good anyway. Keep strokin but don't stroke!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home