DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Edgy Edge of Edginess

I’m feeling edgy today. I don’t know why. It has nothing to do with Bush the Idiot’s mention of WWIII. Watching him deal with the press makes me cringe, yet I’m somehow optimistic that he won’t start another war in his last 15 months in office.

It’s not work. Things are pretty much status quo there and the paychecks keep showing up every other Friday. I did get a funny voice mail yesterday, from one of the many faceless individuals I deal with at what I'll call the BIG PHONE COMPANY. That's pretty much all there is left after the recent consolidation in the telecom industry. They broke everything apart back in '82 with the Modified Final Judgement. Gee, that sounds ominous, doesn't it? Now they've put Humpty Dumpty back together again, pretty much anyway. But it was not my intent to give a primer on telecommunications history so I’ll get back to my voice mail. The caller was seeking information and requested I call her. She also gave me the option of responding to one of the several emails she sent me. Whoops! I didn’t want to get the reputation of being an unresponsive customer so I got right on the horn. We had a nice chat and got everything squared away. I take pride in my people skills.

Hey There Delilah, are you tired of this song yet?

1 Comments:

  • At 10/20/2007 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to say, your optimism is not well founded. Cheney will get his war with Iran and WWIII will follow. P. T. Pessimist

     

Post a Comment

<< Home