DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Telecommute Central

I’ll be working from home this week since son #2 is not feeling well. He’ll be back to normal in no time. He’s like me in that all he needs to keep him happy is his toys and food. I’m stuck using ancient DSL technology to connect back to the office. I’d have that DS3 in by now but I made a fatal error. I invited the Belgian boss over for dinner a few weeks back. When he saw ATT trenching out in front of my house, he got curious. The next day he put the kibosh on my DS3 order. I’m pissed.

Son #2 is not giving me any trouble but son #1 is. I’m engulfed in paperwork, trying to help him out with college applications, writing scholarly papers for his AP classes, etc. You’d think the kid would be grateful but all he ever says when he see me is “Food!” Add that to the fact that he deleted one of my new episodes of The Family Guy in retribution for some perceived slight. I wonder if he applies to a college for early decision, we can get them to take him early, like next week.

I stopped by 4M’s yesterday to pick up some tomatoes. We have BLTs on the menu this week so it was worth the visit. I’ve always relied on the kindness of strange people. He lives in one of San Jose’s up and coming neighborhoods, which is being aided by the remodel taking place at his crib. That started when he got back in the music business. He’s been flush since the boy band he founded, Fuchsia Five, hit is big.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home