DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Animal Lover

I think I made it perfectly clear on my October 11 post that I’m an animal lover. If I didn’t have three kids, I might go get some more pets. I was reading a great article in today’s Chronicle about alternative veterinary medicine, entitled “Howlistic Pet Care”. I love a play on words even more than animals. They discussed the use of “acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and homeopathy”. I’m all for it. My pet porcupine has been under the weather for a while so I’m considering pet acupuncture for him. I wonder if they can do anything for a snarky Wolverine.

Switching over to the sports page, Bob Geren, the A’s new manager, “promises to be supportive and communicative”. That’s great but I didn’t know that was part of the required skill set for an MLB manager. I just thought they had to be able to fill out a lineup card and spit tobacco juice.

2 Comments:

  • At 11/24/2006 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got your snark, pal, right here swingin. The Wolv

     
  • At 11/27/2006 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yet another week has gone by and no new installamention!

    As the Decider, I need your wit to relax and not get uppity and nuke something. Leading a nation is hard work and to spend time relaxerating with you blog. It's the best part of the internets!

    Do I have to get Dick involved???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home