DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Am I Petty?

Our elected officials have been busy. President Bush just signed into law legislation requiring states to help evacuate pets during a natural disaster. My own congressman introduced the bill. I wonder if W had created one of his signing statements associated with this, e.g. “Hell, I ain’t enforcing this!” Now I like pets as much as the next guy. OK, maybe not. However, I’m all for saving them, right after we ensure that all humans on the planet have food and clean water. I’m just thinking out loud here.

Yeah, I hate it when I stray into political commentary as well but sometimes I can’t help myself. One of our local politicians was recently in the news but I think I can treat this as a celebrity item. 4M tipped me off to the fact that SF Mayor Gavin Newsom appeared without his trademark coiffure. It seems that he's decided to help out with the petroleum shortage and no longer uses the daily half barrel of hair product. I bet my wife’s friends will think he’s even more of a dreamboat now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home