DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Upgrades R Us

As you can see, I’ve recently upgraded my blog. I was inspired by The Upgrade King, who gave me several ideas. He mentioned that the background of the old template caused glare on his “big monitor”. Read “upgraded monitor”. It is my fervent hope that the new background is easier on his eyes. He started talking about RSS feeds etc. but when you have three readers it’s a moot point. He also stated that he can’t write and has nothing to blog about. While that is true, it did not seem to stop him, so I’ve included a link to his web site on my upgraded blog.

I’m thinking of flying east to give my good bud The Wolverine a hug. I get the feeling he’s been curled in a fetal position since his beloved Tigers couldn’t get out of their own way in the World Serious. A couple of on-target lobs to the third baseman could have made a world of difference. I know he’ll bounce back. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed but he’s got spunk. Go Red Wings!

In other news, I have not given up my quest to join the National Enquirer although my celebrity updates have been few and far between lately. I hope to rectify that situation. I did get 6 out of 7 on a recent AOL celeb quiz so I think I still have what it takes. One of the questions was about J Lo not paying for her private jet. I got that one right because J Lo is one of my faves. I want to stay on her good side. I also read that she practices Santeria, according to her first ex-husband. I don’t want to get any spells cast on me. It might cause me to start writing something interesting. However, I’m usually immune to that type of stuff. Unc and The Wolverine attempted several times to throw a wall of voodoo up on me on the basketball court, to no avail.

I get a lot of my items off of my work pager. They have news and sports updates but I always go straight to the entertainment section. One update stated that Mel Gibson had been sober for 65 days. That was great news. The down side is that he’s still a butthead.

I gotta head out to the gym to put in some time on TriBathalon training. Somebody there tried talking me into going to spinning class. I had to decline. I’ve tried spinning on my own several times and it just made me dizzy.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/03/2006 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ITTY BITTY FOSTER CITY
    A poem by the Wolverine
    Don't need no hugs from no op-head mugs. Don't need no pity from no Foster City. My Tigers weren't pretty, but they silenced New York Shitty. As the kids from The Edge so sagely encoded, "MODED,CORRODED, YOUR BOOTY EXPLODED."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home