DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Executive Decision

The Exec was involved in a motorcycle accident this weekend. Fortunately he was only bruised and made just a brief appearance at the ER to get checked out. The bike is pretty trashed so all his pals are weighing in with their opinions. Much as it will be on November 7, things are pointing toward a landslide on the side of sanity. “Get rid of the bike” is our rallying cry. I told him he’d look good going down the street on one of those Razor scooters. My kids don’t use theirs anymore so I can sell him one cheap.

The Exec is a bright guy and I’m sure he’ll make the right call. Some even think of him as a visionary. It’s too bad he couldn’t envision that driver making a three point turn right in his path. If he decides to keep the bike, maybe we can get W to declare him an unlawful enemy combatant under the Military Commissions Act. That’ll keep him grounded; at least until habeas corpus gets reinstituted.

Although he was a bit shaken up, The Exec still is managing to come up with fresh ideas. His latest is the TriBathalon, which he introduced me to at our exclusive health club last night. It involves a soak in the hot tub, followed by a steam and a sauna. In addition to being salubrious, it also gave me the chance to see him naked. We have just started our training but we’re doing well for a couple of codgers. We expect to improve our times dramatically before The Exec convinces the Olympic Committee to adopt the sport for the ’08 Games. As I dropped him at his house, he complained of some lingering soreness. I told him to take two Peppertinis and call me in the morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 10/18/2006 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    464 Views and counting--Sure that The Exec piece will raise the eyeball count.

    Not a good visual of you two sitting naked on a sauna bench--not that there is anything wrong with that.

     
  • At 10/19/2006 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And all this time I thought I was the only one who got to see you naked. I'm devasstated. The Wolv

     

Post a Comment

<< Home